Train Operating company – Abellio Greater Anglia
If you hold a Single or Return ticket you will be able to make a claim for compensation for delays to your journey of over 30 minutes regardless of the reason.
Consequently you will be entitled to the following compensation:
The level of this depends on the length of the delay, as follows:
- 30-59 minutes delay entitles you to compensation to the value of 50% of the cost of a Single ticket or 50% of the cost of either the outward or return portion of a Return ticket as appropriate; for season tickets and weekly tickets, compensation will be calculated as a proportion of the daily cost of the price of the ticket
- For delays of over 60 minutes the amount of compensation is doubled to 100% of the cost of the Single ticket or either portion of the Return ticket
Compensation will be provided in National Rail Travel Vouchers which can be used to buy tickets on any National Rail company,and are valid for 12 months.
Available at staffed stations, on staffed trains, available from the Contact Centre or printed off from our website.
You can claim by printing off and posting the Abellio Greater Anglia website form or by posting a reply-paid ‘Delay Repay’
form to our Contact Centre. Generally when making a claim we will require either a copy of your Season Ticket (unless you
are on our database) or the actual ticket. All claims must be made within 28 days of the delay.
Abellio Greater Anglia will not normally accept a claim if you were advised in advance of your journey of the delay or before you purchased your ticket. In the event that an
emergency timetable is introduced, compensation entitlements will be based on that emergency timetable.
Season Ticket holders
Season Direct customers will be compensated through their Season Direct account.
In addition, Abellio Greater Anglia has further compensation arrangements for Season Ticket holders for periods of
sustained poor performance. Sustained poor performance is triggered when on 12 or more days (out of the 20 working days
in any 28 day Rail Industry Period) your journey is affected by disruption under the Delay Repay scheme. You will be able to
choose from two options of compensation in addition to the standard compensation detailed above: either a number of free
journeys on the Abellio Greater Anglia network (based on two per period affected) valid for 12 months; or National Rail Travel
Vouchers to the value of one Single journey which can be used to purchase future rail tickets.
You can register for sms text messages which will let you know if your train is going to be delayed
Live updates via Twitter
@greateranglia or @stansted_exp
How do you make a claim?
- You can pick up a claim form at staffed stations, on staffed trains
- by contacting the Abellio Greater Anglia Contact Centre (0345 600 7245)
- by printing off a PDF version of the delay repay form.
Post the completed form to
Abellio Greater Anglia Contact Centre
Norwich Railway Station